The Aboriginal Committee of Education (ACE) is a group of people who are passionate about Aboriginal education. We are committed to supporting our students to have the best school experience possible. We provide support and guidance to School District 8 (Kootenay Lake) on matters regarding Aboriginal Education.
Learn about the SD8 School Board Terms of Reference for the council.
Learn about the values, code of conduct, and mandate of ACE: Guiding Principles and Protocols.
- Honouring partners in education from Sinixt (Lakes), the Syilx (Okanagan), the Ktunaxa, and the Secwepemc (Shuswap) lands;
- Honoring partnerships with the Metis Nation;
- Making “Our children our focus” – ACE will focus our discussion on the educational needs of our students, not on political issues;
- Protecting the integrity and accountability of targeted funding for Aboriginal Education;
- Sharing Aboriginal worldviews;
- Sharing responsibility in providing quality education for our children and families;
- Respecting and honouring the cultural diversity with the Aboriginal community;
- Working together in the spirit of cooperation ensuring a safe, respectful environment for voices to be heard
2019-2020 Meeting Dates: (All at School Board office, Board Room)
Sept. 24, 2019, 11:30-3:00
November 15, 2019: 9:00-3:00
February 11, 2020: 11:30-3:00
April 21, 2020, 11:30-3:00