Monday, May 2nd, 2022
Join us for the 2022 SD8 Virtual Pow Wow on May 20th, 2022 at 9:15 am
From here until May 20th, each week leading up to the main event we will be sending out information and links to join live events. To receive the links, please email Danica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Us Pow Wow Aunties have been working hard to bring you something special. Each week will have a different theme and resources. We look forward to seeing you on Microsoft Teams and Zoom!
Week One - History and Teachings
Join us on April 29th to learn from Deanne Hupfield!
- Cottonball: How to Pow Wow Video
- It's My Party - POW WOW
- What’s a Pow Wow?
- Kid's Pow-Wow Songs Medley – Good music to share with students!
- IT'S MY PARTY! Season 2 - National Indigenous Peoples Day - Full Episode
- CANADA CREW - First Nations - Full Episode
- MNHS Storytime: "Bowwow Powwow" by Brenda Child (English Version)
Week Two - Regalia
Wednesday May 4th from 9:15-9:45am PST – Story time with Auntie Connie – Reading of 47,000 beads! (email email@example.com for link)
- Pow Wow Regalia Explained (Younger grades)
- Men’s Dance Regalia explained by Wayne Fox (grades 4 and up)
- Understanding Regalia (grade 7-12)
- Regalia Teaching from Ernie Michell (Coyote) (grades 5 and up)
- Two-Spirited Regalia teachings (high school)
- N'we Jinan Artists - "WE WON'T FORGET YOU" // Sk'elep School of Excellence, B.C. (grades 7-12)
- One World (We Are One) - Official Video (all grades)
- Notorious Cree Tiktok (all grades)
- Secret of the Dance (read aloud) (elementary)
- Jingle Dancer (Read aloud) (elementary)
- Joel Wood on spotify (good music for the classroom)
Week Three - Drum
Wednesday May 11th from 1:15-2:00pm PST – Ktunaxa Stories with Robert Louie Sr. (email firstname.lastname@example.org for link)
Week Four - Dance
Thursday May 19th from 9:15-10:00am PST – Stories with Shirley Hill and Lemon (email email@example.com for link)
Friday May 20th from 9:15-10:45am PST – Virtual Pow Wow Main Event with MC Ruben Littlehead (email firstname.lastname@example.org for link)